8th Future Fabrics Expo
24th – 25th January 2019, Victoria House, London , WC1
The Sustainable Angle is delighted to announce that the 8th Future Fabrics Expo will present its largest ever dedicated sustainable materials showcase at a new venue, Victoria House, Central London (Holborn WC1) in January 2019.
Following the success of the 7th Future Fabrics Expo in January 2018, and in response to demand from both our partner mills and industry visitors, the 2019 8th edition of the Future Fabrics Expo has increased in scale, ambition and vision.
Our aim is to provide the fashion industry with a one stop shop for accessing a broad range of material solutions, and the strategic tools needed to respond to the critical imperative to change current practices presented by the wasteful and polluting impacts of the fashion and textile industries. Since our inception in 2011, the Expo has facilitated and supported sustainable sourcing practices, enabling fashion brands to begin diversifying their fabrics and materials and lowering environmental impacts.
These materials are global qualities, which showcases and enables informed sourcing. We situate this resource in the current sustainability context, providing educational background information and research, aiming to demystify the complexities of sustainable practice. The best practice traditional natural fibres, regenerated cellulosics, naturals and synthetics bio source, and closed loop materials.
Enhancing our curated selection of globally sourced textiles and materials will be ten specially selected best practice mills and suppliers, presenting their materials in their own dedicated space. For the first time we will also showcase several manufacturers and globally recognized certifiers. A new space presenting fashion brands working with materials sourced via the Future Fabrics Expo provides a view of best practice, from materials sourcing through to product realisation.
We will also again be presenting an exciting expanded Innovation Hub, showcasing both emerging and commercially available innovations, featuring a collaboration with Fashion for Good organisation. The Innovation Hub acknowledges the recent surge in research and design that has led to the plethora of materials innovations we are now seeing surface in response to material scarcity, increasing waste streams, the need for transparent and traceable supply chains, and those addressing the cellulose gap for example .
We have coordinated again an inspirational seminar programme, featuring key thought leaders, panel discussions and presentations from innovators, industry insiders, textile producers and designers.
- Ideal for sourcing more sustainable materials
- Unique showcase of thousands of innovative sustainable fashion materials with supporting individual sustainability information for each textile.
- Top 10 specially selected best practice mills and suppliers, showcasing for the first time their materials in their own dedicated space.
- Seminars that will be running over the two days featuring industry experts
- The Innovation Hub: with cutting edge, groundbreaking material developments, and a content collaboration with Fashion for Good.
- Sustainable Fashion Brands: A showcase of brands that create fashion products exemplifying good practice, from materials through to finished product.
Nearest tube station: Holborn station, Central line. Address: Bloomsbury Square, London WC1B 4DA
Please contact us if you require further information at firstname.lastname@example.org
REGISTER HERE to sign up to the 8th Future Fabric Expo
To find out more about The 7th Future Fabrics Expo:
To find out more about recent events where the Future Fabrics Expo was showcased such as Copenhagen Fashion Summit, The London Textile Fair and London Fashion Week, please see below:
Copenhagen Fashion Summit:
The London Textile Fair:
London Fashion Week:
Follow us on:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thesustainableangle/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Sustainable_Ang
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SustainableAngle
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPG6tQUhPKidyEhWNp5vIEw